Spirit are looking for a Shooting PD, who will be responsible for producing regular content for a large branded YouTube channel. You must have a desire and experience working in the digital world and have a deep understanding of the shifting landscape of the industry. You will also be required to potentially work on multiple productions at once across different genres and styles.
The ideal candidate must be able to direct talent confidently, have an ability to self-shoot, whilst having excellent production skills. They must also have a broad knowledge of social media platforms, especially understanding how different audiences engage with content across different platforms. You will be working closely alongside our creative and production teams as well as directly with the client.
YouTube certification and previous experience working with online content would be a distinct advantage.
The role will (initially) be a 3-month fixed term contract, with a view to rolling into full time.
- Leading the production team on a day to day basis.
- Brainstorming creative ideas.
- Leading shoots on location.
- Liaising with the client around shooting schedules, talent availability and access.
- Ensuring all releases are secured on productions.
- Writing up scripts and shot lists ahead of shoots.
- Reporting on a daily basis within the company.
- Overseeing the edit and ensuring videos are delivered on time and to a high quality.
Required Skills / Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in production
- Proven experience filming & producing video content
- Knowledge of video editing an advantage
- Demonstrable experience creating and implementing successful social media strategies for brands or media clients
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A good understanding of the social media and digital landscape
- A degree in media or journalism a bonus
- YouTube certification would be a bonus
A showreel will be expected on application.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you’d be perfect for the job and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Shooting P/D.