Spirit Media are looking for a bright, creative Video Editor, who will be responsible for delivering compelling video content for a major brands YouTube channel. You must have a desire to work on short-form digital video content across a variety of styles in a fast paced environment. Experience creating graphics in Photoshop and After Effects would be a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years editing experience, excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task. You will work closely with producers and Senior Editor to meet tight deadlines and create new and engaging content.
YouTube certification and previous experience working with online content would be a distinct advantage.
The role will (initially) be a 3-month fixed term contract, with a view to rolling into full time.
- Organising rushes from shoots, backing up the footage and ingesting.
- Updating the media management databases.
- Editing a variety of short form videos that are consistent in tone and personality.
- Fast and efficient editing on quick turnaround edits.
- Exporting videos to HD YouTube specification.
- Liaising with Senior editor to meet set deadlines.
- Liaising with Producers, Directors and Senior Editor to adhere to briefs and guidelines.
Required Skills / Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in short form editing – knowledge of Adobe Premier an advantage.
- Proven narrative story telling experience.
- After Effects and Photoshop knowledge is a distinct advantage.
- Basic colour correction and sound mixing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- High standards and ambitions, hardworking and reliable.
- Independent, resourceful, pro-active, creative, organised with good time keeping skills.
- Able to listen and follow instructions and ask questions when not clear.
- Knowledge of YouTube and social media best practice a distinct advantage.
An editing show reel will be expected on application. Successful applicants will be required to work a test day.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you’d be perfect for the job and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Editor.